Thursday, September 22, 2011

Midnight at my house

There are really nice things about the fact that my husband works from home. We have a weekly lunch date, his commute is about ten steps each way, and I genuinely enjoy his company. Sometimes, there are emergency conference calls with people in different time zones that stretch into the wee hours. Last night was one of those nights for him. Cleaning and dusting the dining room sounded like something quiet and productive for me to do, but I noticed that there was a spiderweb going across the top of my china hutch. That gave me an idea. More spiderwebs!


I stretched a branch across the typical decorations that are on top of the hutch. Then I followed with some fake spiderweb. It looked pretty good, but it needed something so I tucked in a purple and orange string of lights, which gave the web a creepy glow. This is our eighth Halloween in our house, and I still love finding new ways to decorate. When everything is decorated, I will post more photos. Today, I found this year's addition to the Frankenstein collection. He is sitting on top of a place mat, which is sitting on top of a black rug that was on ridiculous clearance at Target today. I love using woven rugs as table runners. He is perfect for the dining room table, made of metal so the cats can't destroy him and his candy bowl head is full of Tootsie Pops.


About the time the decorating was done my good intentions of cleaning that room went down hill. There was Tuesday night's episode of Parenthood to be watched, followed by an online shopping expedition to look for the cute stacking coffee mugs that are on the counter in Adam and Kristina's fictional kitchen. Then the laundry started calling my name. At almost 2:30 am I let myself nod off on the sofa only to dream that there was a Chupacabra in the laundry room. That meant two things. Maybe I should lay off the Scyfy channel and it's probably time to clean out the laundry room. For now, I'm going to enjoy a cup of coffee in my adorable (undusted) dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment