Saturday, June 7, 2014

Ancestry.com DNA House Party Fun!

 





   Today we had an extra special House Party at our house. If you've never heard of House Party, you should definitely check them out. I've had the opportunity to host several over the years and have really enjoyed sharing products that I love. Today was no exception.  I had the amazing opportunity to participate in Ancestry.com DNA's testing service. Their technology is a great tool to enhance your family history project or connect with other relatives.  I received a testing kit in the mail and had my results within about six weeks.


     For me there were no surprises in my ethnicity. My results came back that I was 99% European, 82% of that being Europe East.  My mother's family is Polish, my paternal grandmother is Czech/Austrian so that was pretty much what I expected.  The most interesting and rewarding part of my results was a special match to a distant cousin that shares a relative on my dad's biological father's side of the family.  It's complicated, but that side doesn't really acknowledge him so that was especially rewarding. I have been a member of Ancestry.com for several years and would recommend that you take the time to make your own family tree, do some research and enjoy the incredible Ancestry DNA testing experience for yourself. Here are my ethnicity results:




   My party pack contained really nice party supplies to use during the House Party, as well as some nice little goodies for my guests. I was also emailed a coupon to forward to my guests so that they can have their own Ancestry.com DNA experience.


I broke out some old family photos to add to the decorations.



We had an assortment of foods from my family's heritage.



Just for fun I translated the word "Coffee" into other languages.



A couple of times we gathered around the computer so that I could walk my guests through the Ancestry.com website as well as review my Ancestry DNA results. 


Our guests were able to use the map and flags to show where their families came from.



I even found chocolate bars made in Poland for the goodie bags we gave to our guests.

    One extra special thing about this House Party is that my sister-in-law Lindsay was also chosen to be a host. We contacted House Party and got their permission to host our parties together. Her Ancestry.com DNA results weren't what she expected so it was awesome to have her take on the experience as well. I know that several of our guests are excited about sending off for their own tests soon. It will be so exciting to watch our friends go through the same awesome experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment